Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Seek Help
- Clue @ Mother's Brewery
- The Beguiled
- On Stage: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Beatriz at Dinner
- The Little Hours
- Beauty and the Beast (1946)
- The Hero
- On Stage: George Balanchine’s Jewels
- Fargo @ Mother's Brewery
- After The Storm (In Translation Series)
- The Lady Vanishes (1938)
- Graduation (In Translation Series)
- A Ghost Story
- Rebecca (1940)
- Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
- Spellbound (1945)
- Napoleon Dynamite @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- Ponyo (2008)
- Notorious (1946)
- On Stage: Peter Pan
- On Stage: Angels in America (Part One Millennium Approaches)
- May It Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers
- Longing and Belonging: The Best Live Action Films from Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2017
- Shine On! The Best Animated Films from Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2017
- On Stage: Angels in America (Part Two Perestroika)
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- The Kid (1921)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
A Town Called Panic (2016)
- Directors: Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar
- Genre(s): Comedy, Animation
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 75 min.
These FREE screenings are part of MOXIE FLIX, a monthly series focusing on essential films for kids to see before they turn 13.
Film Synopsis: Take another trip to A Town Called Panic, with two award-winning new specials from the directors of the zany feature film and the Academy Award®-nominated Ernest & Celestine, in theaters on September 24 for one day only!
With disarming wit and hilarious visuals, A Town Called Panic: Double Fun revels in the simple setup of three plasticine toys sent on increasingly surreal and freewheeling adventures. Cowboy and Indian are always up to some harebrained scheme, with Horse left to clean up the mess. In Christmas Panic, their out-of-control antics lead Horse to call Santa and cancel the presents. But the boys figure they can still save Christmas… if they break into their neighbor’s house to steal his yule log! In Back to School Panic, a class assignment yields a special prize, but only Pig knows the answer. Cowboy and Indian use a special shrinking potion to sneak into Pig’s brain, where they discover a sodium-packed world of pig cops riding in bacon cars and sausage cycles.
These new short films continue the brilliant, over-the-top visual inventiveness that has given the series a dedicated cult following, with a classic slapstick comedy sensibility that is perfect for all ages. This special Arthouse Theater Day release continues with the fun with an intermission featuring two classic A Town Called Panic shorts, Lisa & Jan and Cow-Hulk, where ill-behaved European backpackers and an alien microbe cause even more mayhem!
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"There's really very little to say about this film beyond that it's absolutely brilliant. "- Peter Brunette, The Hollywood Reporter
"Delirious. Hilarious. Absolutely one-of-a-kind."- Shawn Levy, Portland Oregonian
"A sparkly little gem."- Leslie Felperin, Variety
"ATown Called Panic is an adventure story as fast-paced and exciting as any currently in theaters."- Mike Hale, The New York Times
"Splendid, smile-inducing fun."- Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer
"It's a sophisticated fantasia that adults should enjoy equally. (In other words, it's the perfect family entertainment.)"- Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"To really understand the zany and surreal comic madness of A Town Called Panic, you're going to have to see it for yourself. "- Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
- Friday, 12/15 tbd
- Saturday, 12/16 tbd