Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) @ The Gillioz
- Starring: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Sean Penn, Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates
- Director: Amy Heckerling
- Genre(s): Drama, Comedy, Romance, Music
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 90 min.
The Final Friday Flicks with Mother’s movies indoors this winter to the lovely Gillioz Theatre (325 Park Central East). $5 at the door. Doors open at 7:00 PM and the movie begins at 8:00 PM.
Summary: Amy Heckerling’s chronicle of a year in life of a group of teenagers at a Southern Calfornia high school in the 1970s is based on Cameron Crowe’s undercover experiences and has clearly set the bar for all teen comedies to shoot for.
" Amy Heckerling’s portrait of high school/shopping mall life in Southern California is still just about as good as it gets...The panoply of teen types and turmoils is dead-on accurate."- Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"Perfectly capturing the zeitgeist of American high school life in the '80s, complete with a Rubik's cube reference, the funny and occasionally harsh Fast Times, with all due apologies to John Hughes and Mickey Rooney, may be the greatest teen movie ever made (even though Cates was the only real teen)."- Luke Y. Thompson, New Times (L.A.)
"A Trojan horse of a teen comedy that balanced lowbrow gags with subtle humor, genuine insight—Crowe spent a year undercover as a high-school student—and pathos."- Keith Phipps, The A.V. Club