Films and Showtimes
- Amadeus (1984)
- The Death of Stalin
- Isle of Dogs
- Member Picks: Stop Making Sense (1984)
- The General (1927)
- Bottle Rocket (1996)
- On Stage: Julius Caesar
- Seek Help Season Two
- Blood Simple (1985)
- Member Picks: Crazy Heart (2009)
- On Stage: Bernstein Centenary
- Moxie Mornings
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Fargo (1996)
- Sunshine (2007)
- Boogie Nights @ Mother's Brewery
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- On Stage: Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2
- Director: Florent Vassault
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 85 min.
Join Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (MADP), Equal Justice USA, Moxie Cinema, and Working Films for this Free screening and post show discussion.
No ticket needed, seating given on a first come first serve basis.
Lindy Lou, a woman from rural Mississippi, always thought she could easily give the death penalty. Then she sat on a jury that handed down a death sentence to a man convicted in a double homicide. Twenty years later, in the new documentary film Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2, Lindy travels through Mississippi and interviews her 11 fellow jurors regarding the repercussions of that decision.
This film challenges the sense that many Missourians have - that the death penalty is an abstract, distant concept unlikely to personally touch our lives. “Every citizen in Missouri faces the possibility of being called to a capital jury. We all need to understand the practical realities of this civic duty. Every death sentence has a lasting human cost and impacts every individual in its proximity, including jurors.” Staci Pratt, Executive Director of Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, one of the host organizations of this screening.