Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- Eighth Grade
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Yellow Submarine
- Sorry to Bother You
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- Never Goin' Back
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Jurassic Park @ Mother's Brewery
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2
- Director: Florent Vassault
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 85 min.
Join Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (MADP), Equal Justice USA, Moxie Cinema, and Working Films for this Free screening and post show discussion.
No ticket needed, seating given on a first come first serve basis.
Lindy Lou, a woman from rural Mississippi, always thought she could easily give the death penalty. Then she sat on a jury that handed down a death sentence to a man convicted in a double homicide. Twenty years later, in the new documentary film Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2, Lindy travels through Mississippi and interviews her 11 fellow jurors regarding the repercussions of that decision.
This film challenges the sense that many Missourians have - that the death penalty is an abstract, distant concept unlikely to personally touch our lives. “Every citizen in Missouri faces the possibility of being called to a capital jury. We all need to understand the practical realities of this civic duty. Every death sentence has a lasting human cost and impacts every individual in its proximity, including jurors.” Staci Pratt, Executive Director of Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, one of the host organizations of this screening.