Films and Showtimes
- Crooklyn (1994)
- American Animals
- Moxie Mornings
- Western (In Translation Series)
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Member Picks: The Way Way Back (2013)
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Makers: Women in Space (OPT)
- Starring: Shannon Lucid, Rhea Seddon, Kathryn Sullivan, Mae Jemison,Peggy Whitson,
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 54 min.
FREE SCREENING in partnership with Ozarks Public Television as part of Women and Girls Lead, a public media initiative designed to focus, educate, and connect women, girls, and their allies across the globe to address the challenges of the 21st century.
Makers: Women in Space traces the history of women pioneers in the U.S. space program. Some, like aviators Wally Funk and Jerrie Cobb, passed the same grueling tests as male astronauts, only to be dismissed by NASA, the military, and even Lyndon Johnson, as a distraction. It wasn’t until 1995 that Eileen Collins became the first woman to pilot a spacecraft. The program includes interviews with Collins, as well as Sally Ride’s classmates Shannon Lucid, Rhea Seddon and Kathryn Sullivan, and features Mae Jemison, the first woman of color astronaut, and Peggy Whitson, the first female commander of the International Space Station. The hour ends with the next generation of women engineers, mathematicians and astronauts—the new group of pioneers, like Marleen Martinez, who continue to make small but significant steps forward.