Films and Showtimes
- Loving Vincent
- Moxie Mornings
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Swim Team (2016)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Faces Places
- On Stage: Follies
- Unforgiven (1992)
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Member Pick: Dazed and Confused (1993)
- The Goonies (1985)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Nutcracker
- Wonder Wheel
- Belle de Jour (1968)
- A Town Called Panic (2009)
- Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)
- Breathless (1960)
- Watership Down (1978)
- Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962)
- Jules and Jim (1962)
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: KID FLIX
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- The General (1927)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Porco Rosso (1992)
ON STAGE: L'Histoire de Manon
- Starring: Les Étoiles, Les Premiers Danseurs et le Corps de Ballet
- Choreographer: Kenneth Macmillan
- Conductor: Martin Yates
- Genre(s): Dance, Performance, Drama
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at Palais Garnier May 18, 2015
- Running Time: 155 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Inspired by L’Abbé Prévost’s legendary heroes, Kenneth MacMillan expresses his fascination for offbeat characters and dramatic subjects. The choreographer faithfully follows the novel’s plot and reconstructs the tragic story of the sensual yet naïve creature who is more victim than architect of her own fate.
In Regency Paris, bourgeois society gorges itself on luxury and easy pleasures. Carried off in this whirlwind, Manon is unable to resist temptation and she drags down the faithful Des Grieux with her in her fall. The choreographer constructs his ballet on a mosaic of extracts from Massenet finding in the music all the drama, freshness and romanticism necessary for this grand fresco in dance. The crowd and ball scenes follow on from spirited pas de deux right up to the ballet’s sublime yet tragic conclusion.