Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Live Action Shorts (2019)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
ON STAGE: L'Histoire de Manon
- Starring: Les Étoiles, Les Premiers Danseurs et le Corps de Ballet
- Choreographer: Kenneth Macmillan
- Conductor: Martin Yates
- Genre(s): Dance, Performance, Drama
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at Palais Garnier May 18, 2015
- Running Time: 155 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Inspired by L’Abbé Prévost’s legendary heroes, Kenneth MacMillan expresses his fascination for offbeat characters and dramatic subjects. The choreographer faithfully follows the novel’s plot and reconstructs the tragic story of the sensual yet naïve creature who is more victim than architect of her own fate.
In Regency Paris, bourgeois society gorges itself on luxury and easy pleasures. Carried off in this whirlwind, Manon is unable to resist temptation and she drags down the faithful Des Grieux with her in her fall. The choreographer constructs his ballet on a mosaic of extracts from Massenet finding in the music all the drama, freshness and romanticism necessary for this grand fresco in dance. The crowd and ball scenes follow on from spirited pas de deux right up to the ballet’s sublime yet tragic conclusion.