Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- At Eternity's Gate
- Love, Actually (2003)
- Moxie Flix: Miracle on 34th street (1947)
- Of the Former & Pioneer
- Under the Gun (2016)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
On Stage: The Bolshoi: A Contemporary Evening
- Starring: The Bolshoi Ballet
- Director: Jerome Robbins
- Choreography: Jerome Robbins, Harald Lander, Alexei Ratmansky
- Genre(s): Dance, Performing Arts
- Rating: PG
- Filmed March 19th 2017 in Moscow at the Bolshoi Theatre.
- Running Time: 2 Hours and 40 mins with 2 Intermissions
Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Production Information: For one evening, the Bolshoi takes on a new challenge with audacity in The Cage by Jerome Robbins, Harald Lander’s Études and Alexei Ratmansky’s Russian Seasons.
This encounter between some of the best dancers in the world and masters of contemporary choreography results in an outstanding synthesis of bringing Robbins’s energy, Lander’s virtuosity, and Ratmansky’s witty brilliance to a new level.
For the first time, the company performs The Cage by legendary Academy Award-winning choreographer Jerome Robbins, a master of visualizing and translating music to movement. Together with Harald Lander’s homage to classical ballet in Études and Alexei Ratmansky’s colorful folklore-inspired Russian Seasons, A Contemporary Evening brings some of the best dancers in the world together with masters of contemporary choreography.