Films and Showtimes
- SATO 48 (2019)
- SATO48: THE COMEDIES
- SATO48: THE CREEPIES
- Amazing Grace
- Moxie Mornings
- The Essentials: Of Human Bondage (1934)
- The Secret Garden (1993)
- Videodrome (1983)
- High Life
- The Essentials: Jezebel (1938)
- The Essentials: Now, Voyager (1942)
- The Essentials: All About Eve (1950)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Reservoir Dogs (1992) @ Mother's Brewery
- The Essentials: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
- On Stage: All About Eve
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
OSCAR LIVE ACTION SHORTS (2016)
- Genre: Drama, Shorts, Comedy
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 107min.
Ave Maria (Basil Khalil)
- 15 minutes/USA/Arabic, English, Hebrew
Five nuns living in the West Bank find their routine disrupted when the car of a family of Israeli settlers breaks down outside the convent. Unable to use the telephone due to Sabbath restrictions, the family needs help from the nuns, but the sisters’ vow of silence requires them to work with their visitors to find an unorthodox solution.
Day One (Henry Hughes)
- 25 minutes/USA/English, Dari
On the heels of a painful divorce, an Afghan-American woman joins the U.S. military as an interpreter and is sent to Afghanistan. On her first mission, she accompanies troops pursuing a bomb-maker, and must bridge the gender and culture gap to help the man’s pregnant wife when she goes into labor.
Everything Will Be Okay (Patrick Vollrath)
- 30 minutes/GERMANY/German
Michael, a divorced father devoted to his eight-year-old daughter, Lea, picks her up for their usual weekend together. At first it feels like a normal visit, but Lea soon realizes that something is different, and so begins a fateful journey.
Shok (Jamie Donoughue)
- 21 minutes/UK/Albanian, Serbian
In Kosovo in 1998, two young boys are best friends living normal lives, but as war engulfs their country, their daily existence becomes filled with violence and fear. Soon, the choices they make threaten not only their friendship, but their families and their lives.
Stutterer (Benjamin Cleary)
- 12 minutes/UK/English
For a lonely typographer, an online relationship has provided a much-needed connection without revealing the speech impediment that has kept him isolated. Now, however, he is faced with the proposition of meeting his online paramour in the flesh, and thereby revealing the truth about himself.