Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- Burning (In Translation Series)
- Stan & Ollie
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Blowin' Up (2018)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- Oscar Live Action Shorts (2019)
- Oscar Animated Shorts (2019)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- Member Picks: Miller's Crossing (1990)
- La La Land (2016)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts: Program B (2019)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts: Program A (2019)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
The Goonies (1985)
- Starring: Josh Brolin, Sean Astin
- Director: Richard Donner
- Genre(s): Adventure, Comedy, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 114 min.
These FREE screenings are part of MOXIE FLIX, a monthly series focusing on essential films for kids to see before they turn 13.
Film Synopsis: Following a mysterious treasure map into a spectacular underground realm of twisting passages, outrageous booby-traps and a long-lost pirate ship full of golden dubloons, the kids race to stay one step ahead of a family of bumbling bad guys… and a mild-mannered monster with a face only a mother could love. [Warner Bros.]
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"The Goonies is the kind of hyperactive peril-packed movie young audiences can't resist."- Kathleen Carroll, New York Daily News
"The Goonies, like Gremlins, shows that Spielberg and his directors are absolute masters of how to excite and involve an audience. "E.T." was more like "Close Encounters"; it didn't simply want us to feel, but also to wonder, and to dream. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"The Goonies has every imaginable funhouse flourish. It has crooks, bats, cobwebs, skeletons, a lovable monster, an underground grotto and a treasure hidden by some of the most considerate, clue-loving pirates who ever lived."- Janet Maslin, New York Times