Films and Showtimes
- Crooklyn (1994)
- American Animals
- Moxie Mornings
- Western (In Translation Series)
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Member Picks: The Way Way Back (2013)
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
The Princess Bride (1987)
- Starring: Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright
- Director: Rob Reiner
- Genre(s): Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 98 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015. For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
Summary: A young boy listens to while his grandfather reads him the adventures of Buttercup (Wright), the most beautiful woman in the world, and Westly (Elwes), the man she loves, in the fairy-tale kingdom of Florin. [MGM].
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary.
"Rob Reiner's friendly 1987 fairy-tale adventure delicately mines the irony inherent in its make-believe without ever undermining the effectiveness of the fantasy."- Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"It's a lively, fun-loving, but nevertheless epic look at the nature of true love."- Rita Kempley, Washington Post