Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
The Princess Bride (1987)
- Starring: Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Robin Wright
- Director: Rob Reiner
- Genre(s): Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 98 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015. For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
Summary: A young boy listens to while his grandfather reads him the adventures of Buttercup (Wright), the most beautiful woman in the world, and Westly (Elwes), the man she loves, in the fairy-tale kingdom of Florin. [MGM].
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary.
"Rob Reiner's friendly 1987 fairy-tale adventure delicately mines the irony inherent in its make-believe without ever undermining the effectiveness of the fantasy."- Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"It's a lively, fun-loving, but nevertheless epic look at the nature of true love."- Rita Kempley, Washington Post