Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- At Eternity's Gate
- Love, Actually (2003)
- Moxie Flix: Miracle on 34th street (1947)
- Of the Former & Pioneer
- Under the Gun (2016)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
A Farewell to Arms (1932)
- Starring: Gary Cooper, Helen Hayes, Adolphe Menjou
- Director: Frank Borzage
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance, War
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 80 min.
FREE SCREENING that is part of the Springfield Greene County Library “One Read Project”, to commemorate the centennial of the U.S. entering WWI.
Film Summary: A tale of the love between ambulance driver Lt. Henry and Nurse Catherine Barkley during World War I. The action takes place in Italy and the two fall in love during the war and will stop at nothing to be together.
"Cooper was never more handsome, and the chemistry between him and Hayes glows from the screen."- Philip Kemp, Total Film
"Great tragic romance about soldier and nurse in World War I is still a landmark film."- Michael E. Grost, Classic Film and Television
"Noted by many as the best film version of a Hemingway novel."- Dennis Schwartz, Ozus' World Movie Reviews