Films and Showtimes
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
A Farewell to Arms (1932)
- Starring: Gary Cooper, Helen Hayes, Adolphe Menjou
- Director: Frank Borzage
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance, War
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 80 min.
FREE SCREENING that is part of the Springfield Greene County Library “One Read Project”, to commemorate the centennial of the U.S. entering WWI.
Film Summary: A tale of the love between ambulance driver Lt. Henry and Nurse Catherine Barkley during World War I. The action takes place in Italy and the two fall in love during the war and will stop at nothing to be together.
"Cooper was never more handsome, and the chemistry between him and Hayes glows from the screen."- Philip Kemp, Total Film
"Great tragic romance about soldier and nurse in World War I is still a landmark film."- Michael E. Grost, Classic Film and Television
"Noted by many as the best film version of a Hemingway novel."- Dennis Schwartz, Ozus' World Movie Reviews