Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Live Action Shorts (2019)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
BEST OF 2015 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- Live Action, Animation
- In English or Musical/No Dialogue
- Recommended for ages 9 to adult
- Running Time: 65 min.
This screening is free thanks to a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
The New York International Children’s Film Festival is North America’s largest festival of film for children and teens, and stands at the forefront of a movement to define a new, more provocative and compelling film for kids. Each year the festival presents a carefully curated collection of the best new animation, live action and experimental film from around the world in an exhilarating festival atmosphere with all the immediacy and excitement of a Cannes or Sundance.
Old fables and myths are given a new twist in Mythopolis and Tigers Tied Up in One Rope. Fate is in the hands of some surprising characters in Johnny Express and In the Beginning. The human spirit, guided by music, soars against harsh realities in The Trumpeter and Layla’s Melody. The Single Life strikes a playful note when it imagines music as means of time-travel. Dogs take center stage — literally — in Oh My Dog.
"Giving young audiences more to digest than popcorn."- New York Times
"More daring and subtle than the usual kids’ fare."- Variety
"Redefining what kids’ entertainment can be."- Time Out New York