Films and Showtimes
- Of the Former & Pioneer
- Under the Gun (2016)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
BEST OF 2015 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- Live Action, Animation
- In English or Musical/No Dialogue
- Recommended for ages 9 to adult
- Running Time: 65 min.
This screening is free thanks to a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
The New York International Children’s Film Festival is North America’s largest festival of film for children and teens, and stands at the forefront of a movement to define a new, more provocative and compelling film for kids. Each year the festival presents a carefully curated collection of the best new animation, live action and experimental film from around the world in an exhilarating festival atmosphere with all the immediacy and excitement of a Cannes or Sundance.
Old fables and myths are given a new twist in Mythopolis and Tigers Tied Up in One Rope. Fate is in the hands of some surprising characters in Johnny Express and In the Beginning. The human spirit, guided by music, soars against harsh realities in The Trumpeter and Layla’s Melody. The Single Life strikes a playful note when it imagines music as means of time-travel. Dogs take center stage — literally — in Oh My Dog.
"Giving young audiences more to digest than popcorn."- New York Times
"More daring and subtle than the usual kids’ fare."- Variety
"Redefining what kids’ entertainment can be."- Time Out New York