Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- At Eternity's Gate
- Love, Actually (2003)
- Moxie Flix: Miracle on 34th street (1947)
- Of the Former & Pioneer
- Under the Gun (2016)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
- Director: Arthur Penn
- Writers: David Newman, Robert Benton, 1 more credit »
- Stars: Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, Michael J. Pollard
- Running Time: 112 min.
Producer/star Warren Beatty had to convince Warner Bros. to finance this film, which went on to become the studio’s second-highest grosser. It also caused major controversy by redefining violence in cinema and casting its criminal protagonists as sympathetic anti-heroes. Based loosely on the true exploits of Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker during the 1930s.
Drury University professor Kevin Henderson will lead a post show discussion after the film. This screening is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Bonnie and Clyde is the most excitingly American American movie since The Manchurian Candidate. The audience is alive to it."- Pauline Kael, The New Yorker
"When I saw it, I had been a film critic for less than six months, and it was the first masterpiece I had seen on the job. I felt an exhilaration beyond describing."- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times