Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Swim Team (2016)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Faces Places
- On Stage: Follies
- Unforgiven (1992)
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Member Pick: Dazed and Confused (1993)
- The Goonies (1985)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Nutcracker
- Wonder Wheel
- Belle de Jour (1968)
- A Town Called Panic (2009)
- Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)
- Breathless (1960)
- Watership Down (1978)
- Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962)
- Jules and Jim (1962)
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: KID FLIX
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- The General (1927)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Porco Rosso (1992)
Burnt By The Sun (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Nikita Mikhalkov, Ingeborga Dapkunaite, Oleg Menshikov
- Director: Nikita Mikhalkov
- Genre(s): Drama, History, War
- Language(s): Russian, French
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 135 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Synopsis:Stalinist Russia, circa 1930, is recreated in this Russian-French film that focuses on a small, elite gathering of family and friends who appreciate the idealism of Stalin’s visions because they do not have to experience its darker side of gulags and purges. The story focuses upon a single day in Soviet revolutionary hero Serguei Kotov’s life. Kotov lives an idyllic country life with his lovely wife Maroussia, and their feisty daughter Nadia. He is highly respected by the locals. On this day, the Kotovs are visited by the roguishly handsome Dimitri, who was a former lover of Maroussia. Dimitri is on a dark mission that may have profound effects on Kotov’s peaceful, happy, and idealistic existence.
Drury University professor Dr. Ray Patton will lead a post show discussion after the film.