Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- Director: Stanley Kubrick
- Stars: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden
- Genre: Comedy, War
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 95 min.
An insane general starts a process to nuclear holocaust that a war room of politicians and generals frantically try to stop.
This screening is made possible thanks to a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Like most of his work, Stanley Kubrick's deadly black satirical comedy-thriller on cold war madness and its possible effects (1964) has aged well."- Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Perhaps Kubrick's most perfectly realised film, simply because his cynical vision of the progress of technology and human stupidity is wedded with comedy."- Geoff Andrew, Time Out
"Is Dr. Strangelove Kubrick's best movie? Along with Paths of Glory, absolutely."- Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"This landmark movie's madcap humor and terrifying suspense remain undiminished by time."- Micahel Wilmington, Chicago Tribune