Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Big Sonia
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- Member Picks: Mulholland Dr. (2001)
- Mozart: The Magic Flute (On Stage)
- How to Survive a Plague (2012)
- Seasons (2016)
- Crooklyn (1994)
- First Reformed
- American Animals
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Fahrenheit 451 (1966)
- Genre: Drama, Science Fiction
- Director: François Truffaut
- Starring: Julie Christie, Oskar Werner, Cyril Cusack
- Rating: Unrated
- Running Time: 113 min.
FREE SCREENING that is part of the Springfield Greene County Library “One Read” project.
A literate adaptation of Ray Bradbury’s singular novel about a future time when all books have been outlawed by an oppressive regime. Firemen in this world have the role of hunting down these illegal manuscripts and burning them, but one of their number begins to question his own actions.
"With a serious and even terrifying theme, this excursion into science fiction has been thoughtfully directed by Francois Truffaut and there is adequate evidence of light touches to bring welcome and needed relief to a sombre and scarifying subject."- Variety
"An underrated film, perhaps because it is less science fiction than a tale of 'once upon a time.'"- Time Out