Films and Showtimes
- Crooklyn (1994)
- American Animals
- Moxie Mornings
- Western (In Translation Series)
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Member Picks: The Way Way Back (2013)
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
- Starring: Bill Murray, George Clooney, Meryl Streep
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Genre(s): Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Animation, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 87 min.
These FREE screenings are part of MOXIE FLIX, a monthly series focusing on essential films for kids to see before they turn 13.
SUMMARY: Mr. and Mrs. Fox live an idyllic home life with their son Ash and visiting young nephew Kristopherson. But after 12 years, the bucolic existence proves too much for Mr Fox’s wild animal instincts. Soon he slips back into his old ways as a sneaky chicken thief and in doing so, endangers not only his beloved family, but the whole animal community. Trapped underground and with not enough food to go around, the animals band together to fight against the evil Farmers - Boggis, Bunce and Bean - who are determined to capture the audacious, fantastic Mr. Fox at any cost. [20th Century Fox]
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"A boisterous and magnificent treat."- Laremy Legel, Film.com
"Wes Anderson's utterly charming Fantastic Mr. Fox is that rarity: a children's movie for all."- Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"It's a magical feat, one that turns puppets into personalities and an English meadow into Anderson's world."- Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Visually, its a true marvel. Perhaps best of all, it feels like something entirely new."- Sara Vilkomerson, New York Observer
"Fantastic Mr. Fox is possibly the finest picture about family, community and poultry thievery ever made."- Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com
"Cool, clever, crafty and delirious amounts of fun, "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is full of brilliant visual invention and silly slapstick while also having hip humor and sly smarts -- it's pure movie-going joy and a rare kind of pleasure."- James Rocchi, MSN Movies