Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Where Do We Go Now? (2011) Drury @ the Moxie
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- Lady Bird
- Faces Places
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Swim Team (2016)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- On Stage: Follies
- Unforgiven (1992)
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Member Pick: Dazed and Confused (1993)
- The Goonies (1985)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Nutcracker
- Wonder Wheel
- Belle de Jour (1968)
- A Town Called Panic (2009)
- Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)
- Breathless (1960)
- Watership Down (1978)
- Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962)
- Jules and Jim (1962)
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: KID FLIX
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- The General (1927)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Starring: Aria Alpert Adjani, Morena Baccarin, Emilee Benner
- Director: Melissa Kennedy
- Genre(s): Documentary, Short, News
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 32 min.
This free screening is sponsored by ICAN of Springfield, MO.
SUMMARY: A breech baby is born nearly every four minutes in the United States. Until the year 2000, a woman could opt to birth her breech baby vaginally or via surgery. Then, in 2001, a study came out that took away one of those options. The study was later found to be faulty, but the damage was already done — vaginal breech birth was almost completely eliminated from medical school training and from delivery rooms.
Heads Up features several women confronted with the disappearance of this option for their breech babies. Among others, actress Morena Baccarin and holistic living personality Kimberly Van Der Beek struggle to find providers who will attend them in a vaginal breech birth — all under the pressure of their imminent due dates. Through their personal accounts and the perspectives of medical professionals, Heads Up explores this widely misunderstood subject and the need to restore this lost art and lost option.
ICAN stands for the International Cesarean Awareness Network which is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).
"Heads Up is a candid snapshot of the current debate surrounding breech births and chronicles the expertise of Berlin, three local doctors (Stuart Fischbein, Paul Crane and Ronald Wu) and a handful of mothers who’ve had breech babies, including “Homeland” star Morena Baccarin and holistic personality Kimberly Van Der Beek (wife of “Dawson’s Creek” actor James Van Der Beek)"- Tess Cutler, Jewish Journal