Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Animated Shorts (2019)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts (2019)
- Staff Picks: Carol (2015)
- Roma (Encore)
- Moxie Mornings
- Selma (Drury Humanities)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- Starring: Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Fontaine
- Director: Richard Thorpe
- Genre(s): Adventure, Drama, History
- Rating: G
- Running Time: 106 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015.
For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
After the screening we will host a panel discussion on how Hollywood gets history right AND wrong with Shelley Wolbrink, a history professor at Drury University and the director of the university’s Medieval Studies Program, and MSU screenwriting professor Richard Amberg.
Summary: 1183 AD: King Henry II’s three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won’t commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him.
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary
"Ivanhoe is a great romantic adventure, mounted extravagantly, crammed with action, and emerges as a spectacular feast. "- Variety
"As Ivanhoe, Robert Taylor does a good, sturdy, manly job and George Sanders is intriguingly fluid as the emotionally torn De Bois-Guilbert."- Bosley Crowther, New York Times