Films and Showtimes
- Good Time
- Brad's Status
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- My Journey Through French Cinema
- Victoria and Abdul
- Stray Dog (2014)
- The Exorcist (1973)
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Big Pharma: Market Failure
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Small Town Z The Next Chapter
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Drury @ the Moxie)
- Red River (1948)
- The Kid (1921)
- Les Visiteurs (1993) Drury @ the Moxie
- High Noon (1952)
- Where Do We Go Now? (2011) Drury @ the Moxie
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
- Starring: Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Fontaine
- Director: Richard Thorpe
- Genre(s): Adventure, Drama, History
- Rating: G
- Running Time: 106 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015.
For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
After the screening we will host a panel discussion on how Hollywood gets history right AND wrong with Shelley Wolbrink, a history professor at Drury University and the director of the university’s Medieval Studies Program, and MSU screenwriting professor Richard Amberg.
Summary: 1183 AD: King Henry II’s three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won’t commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him.
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary
"Ivanhoe is a great romantic adventure, mounted extravagantly, crammed with action, and emerges as a spectacular feast. "- Variety
"As Ivanhoe, Robert Taylor does a good, sturdy, manly job and George Sanders is intriguingly fluid as the emotionally torn De Bois-Guilbert."- Bosley Crowther, New York Times