Films and Showtimes
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
- Starring: Robert Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Fontaine
- Director: Richard Thorpe
- Genre(s): Adventure, Drama, History
- Rating: G
- Running Time: 106 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015.
For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
After the screening we will host a panel discussion on how Hollywood gets history right AND wrong with Shelley Wolbrink, a history professor at Drury University and the director of the university’s Medieval Studies Program, and MSU screenwriting professor Richard Amberg.
Summary: 1183 AD: King Henry II’s three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won’t commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him.
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary
"Ivanhoe is a great romantic adventure, mounted extravagantly, crammed with action, and emerges as a spectacular feast. "- Variety
"As Ivanhoe, Robert Taylor does a good, sturdy, manly job and George Sanders is intriguingly fluid as the emotionally torn De Bois-Guilbert."- Bosley Crowther, New York Times