Films and Showtimes
- SATO 48 (2019)
- SATO48: THE COMEDIES
- SATO48: THE CREEPIES
- Amazing Grace
- Moxie Mornings
- The Essentials: Of Human Bondage (1934)
- The Secret Garden (1993)
- Videodrome (1983)
- High Life
- The Essentials: Jezebel (1938)
- The Essentials: Now, Voyager (1942)
- The Essentials: All About Eve (1950)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Reservoir Dogs (1992) @ Mother's Brewery
- The Essentials: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
- On Stage: All About Eve
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews