Films and Showtimes
- Love, Actually (2003)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews