Films and Showtimes
- Good Time
- Brad's Status
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- My Journey Through French Cinema
- Victoria and Abdul
- Stray Dog (2014)
- The Exorcist (1973)
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Big Pharma: Market Failure
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Small Town Z The Next Chapter
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Drury @ the Moxie)
- Red River (1948)
- The Kid (1921)
- Les Visiteurs (1993) Drury @ the Moxie
- High Noon (1952)
- Where Do We Go Now? (2011) Drury @ the Moxie
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews