Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Lion in Winter (1968)
- Starring: Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, Peter O'Toole
- Director: Anthony Harvey
- Genre(S): Drama, Classics
- Running Time: 134 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015. For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
Art Historian Dr. Tom Russo (Drury University) will speak about court life and the political landscape of the Henry II’s Angevin empire in the late twelfth century and how this relates to the development of Magna Carta in 1215.
Summary: 1183 AD: King Henry II’s three sons all want to inherit the throne, but he won’t commit to a choice. They and his wife variously plot to force him.
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary
"An intense, fierce, personal drama put across by outstanding performances of Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn."- Variety
"One of the joys which movies provide too rarely is the opportunity to see a literate script handled intelligently. The Lion in Winter triumphs at that difficult task..."- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the most revered films of all time...with hallmark performances from Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn and the film debuts of Anthony Hopkins, Timothy Dalton, Nigel Terry and John Castle."- Martie Zad, Washington Post