Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Animated Shorts (2019)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts (2019)
- Staff Picks: Carol (2015)
- Roma (Encore)
- Moxie Mornings
- Selma (Drury Humanities)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
MARY POPPINS (1964)
- Genre: Kids & Family, Musical, Comedy
- Director: Robert Stevenson
- Writer: Don DaGradi, Bill Walsh
- Running Time: 149 min.
This Disney film, based on the books by P. L. Travers, tells the story of the relationship between Edwardian-era British banker Mr. Banks and his two “impossible” children. When Mr. Banks hires the mysterious and magical Mary Poppins as the children’s new nanny, she immediately endears herself to the kids.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Compared to even 'sophisticated' juvenile fodder, the sheer exuberance of Disney's adaptation of PL Travers' children's classic should tickle the most jaded fancy"- Time Out (staff)
"Julie Andrews' first appearance on the screen is a signal triumph and she performs as easily as she sings, displaying a fresh type of beauty nicely adaptable to the color cameras."- Variety (staff)
"The sets are luxuriant, the songs lilting, the scenario witty but impeccably sentimental, and the supporting cast only a pinfeather short of perfection."- Time magazine