Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Member Picks: The Way Way Back (2013)
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
MARY POPPINS (1964)
- Genre: Kids & Family, Musical, Comedy
- Director: Robert Stevenson
- Writer: Don DaGradi, Bill Walsh
- Running Time: 149 min.
This Disney film, based on the books by P. L. Travers, tells the story of the relationship between Edwardian-era British banker Mr. Banks and his two “impossible” children. When Mr. Banks hires the mysterious and magical Mary Poppins as the children’s new nanny, she immediately endears herself to the kids.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Compared to even 'sophisticated' juvenile fodder, the sheer exuberance of Disney's adaptation of PL Travers' children's classic should tickle the most jaded fancy"- Time Out (staff)
"Julie Andrews' first appearance on the screen is a signal triumph and she performs as easily as she sings, displaying a fresh type of beauty nicely adaptable to the color cameras."- Variety (staff)
"The sets are luxuriant, the songs lilting, the scenario witty but impeccably sentimental, and the supporting cast only a pinfeather short of perfection."- Time magazine