Films and Showtimes
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- Starring: Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Connie Booth
- Director(s): Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 91 min.
This FREE film series is part of the “Magna Carta: Enduring Legacy 1215-2015” Exhibit on display at MSU’s Meyer Library from Oct. 12 - 23, 2015.
For a complete listing of all events go to missouristate.edu/magnacarta. First come, first seated.
Summary: King Arthur and his knights embark on a low-budget search for the Grail, encountering many very silly obstacles.
This series is made possible thanks to the generous support of exhibit sponsors: The Law Firm of Neale & Newman, LLP; Lathrop & Gage, LLP; Strong-Garner-Bauer, PC; Kent and Jan Hyde; Lee and Julie Viorel; Mark L. McQueary
"For all its shenanigans, Monty Python and the Holy Grail has a sense of humor that is intellectual, even academic, at heart."- Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"Represents one of the best and brightest comedies ever to shine from the silver screen."- James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Grail is as funny as a movie can get, but it is also a tough-minded picture -- as outraged about the human propensity for violence as it is outrageous in its attack on that propensity."- Richard Schickel, TIME Magazine