Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- Eighth Grade
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Yellow Submarine
- Sorry to Bother You
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- Never Goin' Back
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Jurassic Park @ Mother's Brewery
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
On Stage: Amadeus
- Starring: Lucian Msamati, Adam Gillen, Karla Crome, Wendy Dawn Thompson
- Writer: Peter Shaffer
- Director: Michael Longhurst
- Accompaniment: Southbank Sinfonia.
- Genre(s): Drama, Musical, Theater
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at SIFF Cinema Uptown, United Kingdom, Feb. 2nd 2017
- Running Time: 210 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Music. Power. Jealousy. Lucian Msamati (Luther, Game of Thrones, NT Live: The Comedy of Errors) plays Salieri in Peter Shaffer’s iconic play, broadcast live from the National Theatre, and with live orchestral accompaniment by Southbank Sinfonia. After winning multiple Olivier and Tony Awards when it had its premiere at the National Theatre in 1979, Amadeus was adapted into an Academy Award-winning film.
Synopsis: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a rowdy young prodigy, arrives in Vienna, the music capital of the world – and he’s determined to make a splash. Awestruck by his genius, court composer Antonio Salieri has the power to promote his talent or destroy his name. Seized by obsessive jealousy he begins a war with Mozart, with music, and ultimately, with God.
"A stunning piece of theatre."- Michael Billington, Guardian
"A note-perfect production. Fresh, vital and musically inventive."- Dominic Cavendish, The Daily Telegraph
"A thrillingly fresh and imaginative revival. Adam Gillen delivers a most moving portrayal of Mozart."- Paul Taylor, Independent
"Breathtaking. Shaffer's play is a masterpiece that makes up its own rules."- Matt Trueman, What's On Stage
"Southbank Sinfonia play heart-stopping melodies. Lucian Msamati's Salieri is an immense performance."- Ann Treneman, Sunday Times
"A soaring song of genius and jealousy. Lucian Msamati gives a poised and intelligent performance. Sir Peter Shaffer’s rich and racy play remains an absorbing portrait of the fanatical rivalry between Mozart and Salieri."- Henry Hitchings, Evening Standard
"The audacious decision to have an actual full-on orchestra – the Southbank Sinfonia – wandering the stage playing Mozart’s greatest hits doesn’t overpower the human drama in Michael Longhurst’s stupendous revival of the late Peter Shaffer’s ‘Amadeus, Epic. Wonderful. A stupendous revival."- Andrzej Lukowski, Time Out