Films and Showtimes
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- My Journey Through French Cinema
- How To Start A War/ Dancer
- Victoria and Abdul
- Stray Dog (2014)
- The Exorcist (1973)
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Big Pharma: Market Failure
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Small Town Z The Next Chapter
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Drury @ the Moxie)
- Red River (1948)
- The Kid (1921)
- Les Visiteurs (1993) Drury @ the Moxie
- High Noon (1952)
- Where Do We Go Now? (2011) Drury @ the Moxie
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
On Stage: Amadeus
- Starring: Lucian Msamati, Adam Gillen, Karla Crome, Wendy Dawn Thompson
- Writer: Peter Shaffer
- Director: Michael Longhurst
- Accompaniment: Southbank Sinfonia.
- Genre(s): Drama, Musical, Theater
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at SIFF Cinema Uptown, United Kingdom, Feb. 2nd 2017
- Running Time: 210 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Music. Power. Jealousy. Lucian Msamati (Luther, Game of Thrones, NT Live: The Comedy of Errors) plays Salieri in Peter Shaffer’s iconic play, broadcast live from the National Theatre, and with live orchestral accompaniment by Southbank Sinfonia. After winning multiple Olivier and Tony Awards when it had its premiere at the National Theatre in 1979, Amadeus was adapted into an Academy Award-winning film.
Synopsis: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a rowdy young prodigy, arrives in Vienna, the music capital of the world – and he’s determined to make a splash. Awestruck by his genius, court composer Antonio Salieri has the power to promote his talent or destroy his name. Seized by obsessive jealousy he begins a war with Mozart, with music, and ultimately, with God.
"A stunning piece of theatre."- Michael Billington, Guardian
"A note-perfect production. Fresh, vital and musically inventive."- Dominic Cavendish, The Daily Telegraph
"A thrillingly fresh and imaginative revival. Adam Gillen delivers a most moving portrayal of Mozart."- Paul Taylor, Independent
"Breathtaking. Shaffer's play is a masterpiece that makes up its own rules."- Matt Trueman, What's On Stage
"Southbank Sinfonia play heart-stopping melodies. Lucian Msamati's Salieri is an immense performance."- Ann Treneman, Sunday Times
"A soaring song of genius and jealousy. Lucian Msamati gives a poised and intelligent performance. Sir Peter Shaffer’s rich and racy play remains an absorbing portrait of the fanatical rivalry between Mozart and Salieri."- Henry Hitchings, Evening Standard
"The audacious decision to have an actual full-on orchestra – the Southbank Sinfonia – wandering the stage playing Mozart’s greatest hits doesn’t overpower the human drama in Michael Longhurst’s stupendous revival of the late Peter Shaffer’s ‘Amadeus, Epic. Wonderful. A stupendous revival."- Andrzej Lukowski, Time Out