Films and Showtimes
- Somber (Local Film)
- Bad Reputation
- The Silence of the Lambs @ Mother's Brewery
- I Am Not a Witch
- On Stage: Julie
- Madeline's Madeline
- Member Picks: A League of Their Own (1992)
- Best in Show (2000)
- The Old Man and the Gun
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- Ghost World (2001)
- Moxie Mornings
On Stage: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Starring: Jack O'Connell, Sienna Miller, Colm Meaney, Lisa Palfrey
- Director: Benedict Andrews
- Writer: Tennessee Williams
- Genre(s): Performance Art, Drama
- Rating: Cinema rating: TBC. Please note that the stage production has an age guidance of 15+.
- Filmed at the National Live Theater on Feb. 22nd 2018
- Running Time: 3 hrs. and 10 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students.
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Tennessee Williams’ twentieth century masterpiece Cat on a Hot Tin Roof played a strictly limited season in London’s West End in 2017. Following his smash hit production of A Streetcar Named Desire, Benedict Andrews’ ‘thrilling revival’ (New York Times) starred Sienna Miller alongside, Jack O’Connell and Colm Meaney.
On a steamy night in Mississippi, a Southern family gather at their cotton plantation to celebrate Big Daddy’s birthday. The scorching heat is almost as oppressive as the lies they tell. Brick and Maggie dance round the secrets and sexual tensions that threaten to destroy their marriage. With the future of the family at stake, which version of the truth is real – and which will win out?
"A brilliant, lacerating account of the play...unforgettable."- Independent
"A bold reimagining. Innovative and powerfully acted."- Christopher Hart, Sunday Times
"This thrilling revival burns bright enough to scorch."- New York Times