Films and Showtimes
- Love, Actually (2003)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
On Stage: Hangmen
- Starring: David Morrissey, Andy Nyman, Johnny Flynn
- Director: Matthew Dunster
- Genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Performing Arts
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 2 hours 30 mins. (includes one interval)
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Following a sell-out run at London’s Royal Court Theatre, Olivier and Academy Award® winner Martin McDonagh (The Pillowman, The Cripple of Inishmaan, In Bruges) returns to the West End with Matthew Dunster’s award-winning production of his deeply funny new play Hangmen, broadcast live to cinemas by National Theatre Live.
In his small pub in the northern English town of Oldham, Harry (David Morrissey – The Walking Dead, State of Play) is something of a local celebrity. But what’s the second-best hangman in England to do on the day they’ve abolished hanging?
Amongst the cub reporters and pub regulars dying to hear Harry’s reaction to the news, his old assistant Syd (Andy Nyman – Peaky Blinders, Death at a Funeral) and the peculiar Mooney (Johnny Flynn – Clouds of Sils Maria) lurk with very different motives for their visit.
"Re-establishes McDonaugh as the one to beat, and the Court the place to be. Doesn’t loosen its grip from start to finish. Perhaps the most line-by-line funny play London has seen in years"- Dominic Cavendish, The Daily Telegraph
"A taut, dark comedy thriller with dialogue to die for, immaculate pacing, a first-rate cast, a great set. Unquestionably, the funniest and most entertaining play in London right now’ "- Andrzej Lukowski, Time Out
"Riveting from start to finish. Almost every line is laugh-out-loud funny, every moment filled with dramatic tension"- Christopher Hart, The Sunday Times
"A savage satire on the justice system, Hangmen is a tour de force that shows McDonagh working at the peak of his capabilities with the audience hanging on his every word’"- Culture Whisper