Films and Showtimes
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- My Journey Through French Cinema
- How To Start A War/ Dancer
- Victoria and Abdul
- Stray Dog (2014)
- The Exorcist (1973)
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Big Pharma: Market Failure
- Carbon Trace Shorts (2017)
- Small Town Z The Next Chapter
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Drury @ the Moxie)
- Red River (1948)
- The Kid (1921)
- Les Visiteurs (1993) Drury @ the Moxie
- High Noon (1952)
- Where Do We Go Now? (2011) Drury @ the Moxie
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
- The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
ON STAGE: THE AUDIENCE
- Starring: Helen Mirren, Dylan Baker, Geoffrey Beevers
- Director: Stephen Daldry
- Genre(s): Drama, Biographical, Performance
- Rating: Unrated
- Filmed in London's West End Jun. 13, 2013
- Running Time: 2 hours 25 mins. (includes one interval)
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Winner of three Tony Awards® and two Olivier Awards, National Theatre Live’s smash-hit broadcast of the original West End production of The Audience - featuring Helen Mirren’s multi-award-winning performance as Queen Elizabeth II - returns to cinemas in celebration of the monarch’s 90th birthday.
Written by Peter Morgan (The Queen) and directed by two-time Tony Award® winner and Academy Award®-nominated director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Hours), these special encore screenings include an exclusive Q&A with Helen Mirren and director Stephen Daldry.
For sixty years, Queen Elizabeth II has met with each of her twelve Prime Ministers in a private weekly meeting. This meeting is known as The Audience. No one knows what they discuss, not even their spouses.
From the old warrior Winston Churchill, to the Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair right up to today’s meetings with the current incumbent David Cameron, the Queen advises her Prime Ministers on all matters both public and personal. Through these private audiences, we see glimpses of the woman behind the crown and witness the moments that shaped a monarch.
The Audience was presented in the West End by Matthew Byam Shaw for Playful Productions, Robert Fox and Andy Harries.
"Helen Mirren dazzles again as Queen."- Claire Allfree, Metro
"Kristin Scott Thomas rules supreme as Queen Elizabeth II. Regal, elegant, refined. Her comic subtlety is a treat."- Paul Taylor, Independent
"Peter Morgan’s enthralling and royally entertaining play about the weekly meetings that take place between the Queen and her prime minister could hardly be more up-to-date. "- Charles Spencer, Telegraph
"Funny and truthful, good-hearted, spiky, full of surprises. I loved every minute."- Ben Brantley, New York Times
"Helen Mirren gives another faultless performance that transcends mere impersonation. "- Michael Billington, The Guardian