Films and Showtimes
- Love, Actually (2003)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
ON STAGE: THE NUTCRACKER
- Starring: New York City Ballet, Megan Fairchild, Joaquin De Luz, Ashley Bouder
- Composer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Choreographer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Genre(s): Dance, Performance, Fantasy
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at the David H.Koch Theater, New York Dec. 14, 2011
- Running Time: 90 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
In George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker™, Tchaikovsky’s beloved melodies transport the young and young at heart to a magical world where mischievous mice besiege a battalion of toy soldiers, and an onstage blizzard leads to an enchanted Land of Sweets. New York City Ballet‘s famously extravagant staging features Balanchine’s stunning choreography amidst awe-inspiring set pieces, ornate costumes and grand one-of-a-kind visual effects, like the one-tonne Christmas tree that grows to an astonishing 12 meters.
Set to Tchaikovsky’s score, Balanchine’s Nutcracker features New York City Ballet’s roster of more than 150 dancers and musicians, as well as two alternating casts of 50 children from the School of American Ballet, the New York City Ballet’s official school. In addition to Balanchine’s choreography, the work features scenery by Rouben Ter-Arutunian, costumes by Karinska and lighting by Mark Stanley, after the original design by Ronald Bates.