Films and Showtimes
- Bathtubs Over Broadway
- Clash of the Titans (1981)
- Moxie Mornings
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- The Mustang
- Mirai (In Translation Series)
- Gloria Bell
- Real Genius (1985)
- Moxie Flix: Babies (2010)
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ( Drury Humanities)
- Bag It (2011)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- High Life
- The Essentials: Of Human Bondage (1934)
- Videodrome (1983)
- The Essentials: Jezebel (1938)
- The Essentials: Now, Voyager (1942)
- The Essentials: All About Eve (1950)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- The Essentials: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
- On Stage: All About Eve
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
Oscar Documentary Shorts (2019)
- Genre: Documentary
- Details for individual films below
- Rating: R (violence, drug abuse, language)
- Running Time: Approx: 143 min.
The Short Film (Documentary) nominations for the 2018 Oscars have been announced! The mix of nominees for this past year’s movie season is filled with memorable films featuring some of the most talented artists in the world. [oscar.go.com]
(Ed Perkins and Jonathan Chinn)
UK, 27 minutes
After the high-profile killing of Damilola Taylor, Cornelius’ family move out of London. But when they discover their new town is run by racists, Cornelius takes a drastic step to survive.
(Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman)
USA, 40 minutes
Where will loved ones spend their last days? Who will be in the room? What feelings and secrets need to be shared with family before it is too late? ‘End Game’ probes these questions and more as it follows visionary medical practitioners who are working on the cutting edge of life and death.
(Skye Fitzgerald and Bryn Mooser)
USA, 40 minutes
Volunteers from a German non-profit risk the waves of the Mediterranean to pluck refugees from sinking rafts pushing off from Libya in the middle of the night.
A Night at the Garden
USA, 7 minutes
In 1939, 20,000 Americans rallied in New York’s Madison Square Garden to celebrate the rise of Nazism – an event largely forgotten from history. ‘A Night at the Garden’ transports audiences to this chilling gathering and shines a light on the power of demagoguery and anti-Semitism in America.
PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE.
(Rayka Zahtabchi and Melissa Berton)
India, 26 minutes
In a rural village outside Delhi, India, women lead a quiet revolution. They fight against the deeply rooted stigma of menstruation. ‘Period. End of Sentance’ tells their story.