Films and Showtimes
- Love, Actually (2003)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
Science on Screen: Rushmore (1998)
- Starring: Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Genre(s): Drama, Comedy
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 93 min.
Science on Screen Film Series
All screenings are free and made possible thanks to a generous grant fro the Alfred P. Sloan Foundaition and Coolide Corner Theatre Foundation.
Synopsis: Max Fischer, a tenth grade scholarship student at Rushmore Academy, falls in love with Rosemary Cross, a widowed elementary school teacher, but his friendship with Herman Blume, an unhappy, wealthy industrialist, suffers when Blume falls for Miss Cross as well.
There will be a post show discussion with Psychiatrist Kyle John (Mercy Hospitals) about how the adolescent brain develops.
"One of the freshest, richest, most original films to come out of Hollywood in a very long time."- Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"Schwartzman is cautious but stubbornly optimistic, while Murray is possessed by the mania of near-despair... They make the best and most disconcerting odd couple that American movies have produced in a long while."- Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"The hint of genuine pathos [Murray] brings to Rushmore tempers Schwartzman's brash, sometimes off-putting antics, gracing an already great comedy with surprising depth and heart."- Scott Tobias, AV Club