Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- A Ghost Story
- After The Storm (In Translation Series)
- The Lady Vanishes (1938)
- Graduation (In Translation Series)
- Rebecca (1940)
- Lady Macbeth
- Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
- Spellbound (1945)
- Napoleon Dynamite @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- Ponyo (2008)
- Notorious (1946)
- On Stage: Peter Pan
- On Stage: Angels in America (Part One Millennium Approaches)
- The Best Years of Our Lives (1946)
- May It Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers
- Longing and Belonging: The Best Live Action Films from Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2017
- Shine On! The Best Animated Films from Children’s Film Festival Seattle 2017
- On Stage: Angels in America (Part Two Perestroika)
- Thelma & Louise @ MOTHER'S BREWERY
- On Stage: Ashton Celebration (The Royal Ballet Dances Frederick Ashton)
- Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
- The Kid (1921)
- A Town Called Panic (2016)
Singing in the Rain @ Mother's Brewery
- Starring: Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds
- Director: Stanley Donen, Gene Kelly
- Genre(s): Comedy, Musical, Romance
- Rating: G
- Running Time: 102 min.
We’re teaming up with Mother’s Brewing to screen “Singing in the Rain (1952)” in Mother’s Backyard! (215 South Grant Ave.) So bring your blankets and/or lawn chairs to ensure you are comfy during the movie. Better yet, bring your picnic fixins so you can dine outside while watching a great movie! You can’t bring booze, but don’t worry, Mother’s has you covered on that. They will have beer flowing outside so you don’t even have to go inside for a refill during the movie! This is a 21+ event. Tickets are $5 and on sale at the door. Try to bring cash!
Mother’s films will start at dusk, showtimes are tentative.
Singin’ in the Rain (1952) is one of the most-loved and celebrated film musicals of all time from MGM, before a mass exodus to filmed adaptations of Broadway plays emerged as a standard pattern. It was made directly for film, and was not a Broadway adaptation.
The joyous film, co-directed by Stanley Donen and acrobatic dancer-star-choreographer Gene Kelly, is a charming, up-beat, graceful and thoroughly enjoyable experience with great songs, lots of flashbacks, wonderful dances (including the spectacular Broadway Melody Ballet with leggy guest star Cyd Charisse), casting and story. [Filmsite.org]
Summary: A silent film production company and cast make a difficult transition to sound.
"There is no movie musical more fun than Singin' in the Rain, and few that remain as fresh over the years. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the shining glories of the American musical. "- David Kehr, The Chicago Reader
"Fifty years later, it's still a delight with everybody working at the top of his or her game. "- Jane Summer, Dallas Morning News
"If you've never seen it and don't, you're bonkers. "- Time Out New York