Films and Showtimes
- Best in Show (2000)
- The Old Man and the Gun
- The Sisters Brothers
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
The Black Stallion (1979)
- Rating: G
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Kids & Family
- Director: Carroll Ballard
- Written By: Jeanne Rosenberg, Melissa Mathison, William D. Wittliff
- Running Time: 120 min.
While traveling with his father, young Alec becomes fascinated by a mysterious Arabian stallion that is brought on board and stabled in the ship he is sailing on. When the ship tragically sinks both he and the horse survive only to be stranded on a deserted island. Alec befriends the horse, so when finally rescued both return to his home where they soon meet Henry Dailey, a once successful trainer. Together they begin training The Black to race against the fastest horses in the world.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.