Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Western (In Translation Series)
- Tatterdemalion (Local Film)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Member Picks: The Way Way Back (2013)
- 2018 Sundance Shorts
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
The Black Stallion (1979)
- Rating: G
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Kids & Family
- Director: Carroll Ballard
- Written By: Jeanne Rosenberg, Melissa Mathison, William D. Wittliff
- Running Time: 120 min.
While traveling with his father, young Alec becomes fascinated by a mysterious Arabian stallion that is brought on board and stabled in the ship he is sailing on. When the ship tragically sinks both he and the horse survive only to be stranded on a deserted island. Alec befriends the horse, so when finally rescued both return to his home where they soon meet Henry Dailey, a once successful trainer. Together they begin training The Black to race against the fastest horses in the world.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.