Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- The Square
- Jules and Jim (1962)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts: Program A (2018)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts: Program B (2018)
- The Post
- On Stage: Matthew Bourne's Cinderella
- Member Pick: Miami Connection (1987)
- On Stage: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- The Party
- BEST OF 2017 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- BEST OF 2017 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: KID FLIX MIX
- 7 Days in Entebbe
- Amadeus (1984)
- Member Picks: Stop Making Sense (1984)
- The General (1927)
- Bottle Rocket (1996)
- On Stage: Julius Caesar
- Blood Simple (1985)
- Member Picks: Crazy Heart (2009)
- On Stage: Bernstein Centenary
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Fargo (1996)
- Sunshine (2007)
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- On Stage: Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
The Iron Giant (1999)
- Starring: Eli Marienthal, Harry Connick Jr.
- Director: Brad Bird
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Drama, Comedy, Animation, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 86 min.
These FREE screenings are part of MOXIE FLIX, a monthly series focusing on essential films for kids to see before they turn 13. After the Saturday morning screening, Micah Even from the Discovery Center, will be on hand to give a short demonstration on the different types of propulsion.
SUMMARY: A giant metal machine falls to Earth in 1950s Maine, frightening townspeople. However, the robot befriends a nine-year-old boy named Hogarth who must save it from the predjudices of the townspeople and from a government agent intent on destroying the robot.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Heart and tenderness are rare in cartoon movies. But in an age of frenetic children's fare, the new animated adventure The Iron Giant dares to show a lot of both, and it comes up a winner."- Peter Stack, San Francisco Chronicle
"One of the best films of the year thus far."- F. X. Feeney, L.A. Weekly
"One of the best children's movies in years. Spunky, inventive and filled with life and wonder."- Shawn Levy, Portland Oregonian
"Both a step back and a step forward from the trends of modern animation, it feels like a classic even though it's just out of the box."- Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
"An animated tale equipped with heart, humor, blazing action and not a sappy song in earshot."- Mark Caro, Chicago Tribune
"Not just a cute romp but an involving story that has something to say."- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times