Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Live Action Shorts (2019)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
The Iron Giant (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Eli Marienthal, Harry Connick Jr.
- Director: Brad Bird
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Drama, Comedy, Animation, Family
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 86 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty. Because this film is playing simultaneously as part of a different series THIS screening will be FREE!
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Synopsis: A giant metal machine falls to Earth in 1950s Maine, frightening townspeople. However, the robot befriends a nine-year-old boy named Hogarth who must save it from the predjudices of the townspeople and from a government agent intent on destroying the robot.
Drury University professor Steve Carpenter will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"Heart and tenderness are rare in cartoon movies. But in an age of frenetic children's fare, the new animated adventure The Iron Giant dares to show a lot of both, and it comes up a winner."- Peter Stack, San Francisco Chronicle
"The Iron Giant is funny, warm, muscular and full of nuances that you can take home with you and talk about."- Jeff Millar, Houston Chronicle
"While youngsters will enjoy the film on one level, it reaches out to adults on a completely different plane. They will see an allegory about power and politics and the danger of allowing either to run roughshod over humanity."- Jeff Strickler, Minneapolis Star Tribune