Films and Showtimes
- Oscar Live Action Shorts (2019)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Never Look Away
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
The Revolutionary Optimists
- Director: Maren Grainger-Monsen
- Genre(s): Drama, Documentary
- Rating: Not Rated
- Running Time: 95 min.
FREE SCREENING in partnership with Ozarks Public Television as part of their Women and Girls Lead Initiative.
Amlan Ganguly doesn’t rescue slum children; he empowers them to become change agents, battling poverty and transforming their neighborhoods with dramatic results. Filmed over the course of three years, The Revolutionary Optimists follows Amlan and three of the children he works with on an intimate journey through adolescence, as they challenge the idea that marginalization is written into their destiny.
"It’s truly something to see these children come into their own, and to bear witness to the undeniable sea change Ganguly has set in motion."- Jenna Scherer, Time Out New York
"Change may be elusive, Optimists confirms, but the will to make it blazes."- Michelle Orange, Village Voice