Films and Showtimes
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Jenesis (Local Film)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
The Revolutionary Optimists
- Director: Maren Grainger-Monsen
- Genre(s): Drama, Documentary
- Rating: Not Rated
- Running Time: 95 min.
FREE SCREENING in partnership with Ozarks Public Television as part of their Women and Girls Lead Initiative.
Amlan Ganguly doesn’t rescue slum children; he empowers them to become change agents, battling poverty and transforming their neighborhoods with dramatic results. Filmed over the course of three years, The Revolutionary Optimists follows Amlan and three of the children he works with on an intimate journey through adolescence, as they challenge the idea that marginalization is written into their destiny.
"It’s truly something to see these children come into their own, and to bear witness to the undeniable sea change Ganguly has set in motion."- Jenna Scherer, Time Out New York
"Change may be elusive, Optimists confirms, but the will to make it blazes."- Michelle Orange, Village Voice