Films and Showtimes
- Of the Former & Pioneer
- Under the Gun (2016)
- The Royal Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- The Favourite
- Space Buddies (Local Film)
- Staff Picks: Perfect Blue (1997)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Madness of George III
- Member Picks: Gilda (1946)
- Moxie Flix: The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (2017)
- Staff Picks: Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Essentials: Fish Tank (2009)
- The Essentials: Pariah (2011)
- The Essentials: Wendy and Lucy (2008)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
The Terminator (1984)
- Genre: Action, Sci-Fi
- Director: James Cameron
- Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 107 min.
In 2029, the war between man and machine has desolated the Earth, leaving humanity all but wiped out. Pockets of survivors remain - either living as slaves serving their technological overlords, or as resistance fighters attempting to overthrow the sentient defense network that controls the machines.
From this wasteland, two soldiers are sent back in time to Los Angeles, 1984 in order to influence the outcome of a conflict that hasn’t taken place yet. One is an unstoppable cyborg assassin, the other a human guerrilla fighter. Serving on opposite sides of the battle, they share the same target: Sarah Connor, an unsuspecting young woman whose unborn child will become the key to saving mankind.
Go back to where it all began. Join us for these special screenings of the new digital conversion of this classic of the action sci-fi genre!
"As a souvenir of a kind of B-grade action cinema that has all but vanished, The Terminator should find a small place in the heart of every movie addict."- Dave Kehr, Chicago Reader
"The Terminator is a blazing, cinematic comic book, full of virtuoso moviemaking, terrific momentum, solid performances and a compelling story."- Variety
"An efficient, cold-blooded sci-fi splatter movie that never makes the mistake of forgetting that on some level it is deeply ridiculous."- Jay Scott, Globe and Mail