Films and Showtimes
- Hale County This Morning, This Evening (2018)
- Oscar Documentary Shorts (2019)
- Staff Picks: Carol (2015)
- Roma (Encore)
- Moxie Mornings
- Selma (Drury Humanities)
- The Essentials: Marie Antoinette (2006)
- Everybody Knows
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Apollo 11
- Bury the Hatchet (Local Film)
- Into The Light 2
- Pierrot le Fou (1965)
- Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
To Be Takei
- Starring: Brad Takei, George Takei, Walter Koenig, William Shatner
- Director: Jennifer Kroot and Jennifer M. Kroot
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Rating: Not Rated
- Runtime: 94 min
- Running Time: 94 min.
This FREE screening is sponsored by the organizers of The Greater Ozarks Pridefest.
Over seven decades, actor and activist George Takei boldly journeyed from a WWII internment camp, to the helm of the starship Enterprise, to the daily news feeds of five million Facebook fans. Join George and his husband Brad on this star’s playful and profound trek for life, liberty, and love.
As a part of this showing, the Greater Ozarks Pridefest will being asking for donations, to be presented to Rare Breed Youth Services. Shampoo and conditioner (in big bottles), hairbrushes and bath towels are requested, as well as feminine products which are in great demand.
"To Be Takei is a celebration of a man of great resilience, infectious humor, a voracious appetite for the richness of the human experience, and the best laugh in the history of laughing."- Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times
"A unique blend of camp and conviction, To Be Takei deftly showcases George Takei’s eclectic personality and wildly disparate achievements."- Ronnie Scheib, Variety
"To Be Takei is never less than joyful — much like the man himself."- Sherilyn Connelly, Village Voice