Films and Showtimes
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Young Frankenstein (1974)
- Starring: Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn, Marty Feldman
- Director: Mel Brooks
- Genre(s): Classics , Comedy , Horror , Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Rating: PG
- Running Time: 108 min.
This winter, the Final Friday at Mother’s series moves indoors right here to the Moxie. Since space is a wee bit tighter here than at Mother’s backyard, we will be stretching the screenings over three nights. For each of these movies, Mother’s will be sending us a special keg to tap. Welcome to Mondo with Mother’s!
Film Summary: In this spoof of Mary Shelley’s gothic tale, the grandson of Victor Frankenstein, a neurosurgeon, has spent his life living down the legend of his grandfather, even changing the pronunciation of his name. When he discovers his grandfather’s diary, he begins to feel differently, and returns to the family castle to satisfy his curiosity by replicating his ancestor’s experiments. In the process, he creates one very unique monster.
"Young Frankenstein emerges as a reverently satirical salute to the 1930s horror film genre."- Variety
"More about the myth of Karloff than the monster, this Mel Brooks pastiche is probably his best early film."- Don Druker, Chicago Reader